Developers broke ground in late 2020 on Six West, a $1.5 billion mixed-use development on 311 acres just northwest of Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. The complex will create thousands of jobs, will feature 3 million square feet of class-A office space, up to six hotels, and 548,000 square feet of restaurant and retail space, along with 260 multifamily units, 100 single-family units, and 120 townhomes.
Phase One is expected to be completed in 2025.
To incorporate a mix of land uses that serve the local and global community, Six West is divided into five districts.
- Retail & Commercial District: This district will combine the Landing Park, Cultural Center, and parking deck fronting the park. Columbia Avenue, the main pedestrian thoroughfare in the commercial area, will be lined with a hotel, retail with office above, and a food hall. This commercial district will provide amenities from greenspace next to storefronts, to interactive art to rooftop plane viewing, and connectivity to international entertainment venues.
- Camp Creek District: This Camp Creek frontage district takes advantage of the access and visibility that Camp Creek Parkway provides to develop restaurants and a 5-star hotel. In addition to catering the traffic on this thoroughfare, pedestrian access will be improved with sidewalks and landscaping. The western border of the district lines the College Park Golf Course, therefore a golf-oriented restaurant or store there will have overlooking views. Rhodes Street at Camp Creek Parkway will be a primary access point into Six West. A beautiful 5-star hotel welcomes visitors and residents into the area at this intersection and overlooks Camp Creek and the adjoining 5k trail.
- Incremental District: To complement and build from the character of Downtown College Park, are prime for incremental local development. Columbia Avenue being the priority corridor connecting Downtown to the center of Six West. Walkability, MARTA access, and art are the heart of the Incremental District.
- Corporate/HQ Office District: A 6 to 12-story Class A office district is proposed at the intersection of Rhodes Street and Columbia Avenue, providing key access to Camp Creek Parkway, the airport and its adjacent restaurants, retail, and entertainment. Greenspace and green roofs are key features of this area to improve the health and wellness of those who live, work, and play in Six West.
- Golf Entertainment District: This will be an entertainment district providing a regional draw for recreation and entertainment. This district includes a variety of destination entertainment venues. Development adjacent to the Historic College Park Golf Course, this includes a renovated Club House with event rentals, estates on the golf course, brewery/retail, and a hotel. Tying into the area is proposed a golf entertainment facility.
Click here to read more about Six West District Plans.